Employment with the Richmond County District Attorney is an opportunity to work for one of the nation’s premier District Attorney’s Offices. We employ attorneys, paralegals, support staff, victim advocates, community liaisons, administrative professionals, and many more rewarding positions in public service.
COVID-19 Update: In moving forward with hosting our Fall/Spring semester and summer internship programs for all students, please be aware that some of the scheduled dates may change as we continue to respond to this crisis. Please check back regularly for program updates.
Internships with our office are a tremendous opportunity to explore your career interests and gain invaluable experience as you continue your high school, college, or graduate school career.
Law School, Graduate School, and College Students may apply to intern with RCDA during the Fall or Spring Semesters or during the Summer. High school students may apply for Summer internships with our Community Partnership Unit.
Upcoming Program Dates
- Law and Graduate School Spring 2021 Program Dates: February 8, 2021 – April 23, 2021
- College Spring 2021 Program Dates: February 8, 2021 – April 23, 2021
- Law and Graduate School Summer 2021 Program Dates: June 7, 2021 – August 13, 2021
- College Summer 2021 Program Dates: June 7, 2021 – August 13, 2021
- High School Summer Experience 2021 Program Dates: July 7, 2021 – August 13, 2021
- Law and Graduate School Fall 2021 Program Dates: September 20, 2021 – November 19, 2021
- College Fall 2021 Program Dates: September 20, 2021 – November 19, 2021
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the deadlines listed below.
- Law School, Graduate School, and College Student Summer 2021 Application Deadline: April 9, 2021
- High School Student Summer 2021 Application Deadline: May 7, 2021
- Law School, Graduate School, and College Student Fall 2021 Application Deadline: August 13, 2021
WHAT MAKES WORKING WITH US SUCH A GREAT EXPERIENCE?
Richmond County has a population of nearly 500,000, yet it is the smallest of New York City’s five boroughs. This dichotomy gives you the opportunity to grow your career in an environment that is both intimate enough to gain one on one experience with Office leadership while also working in America’s largest city.
We serve a diverse population, all of whom make up the unique fabric of our borough. Starting or furthering your career in public service with our office will give you the opportunity to make a positive impact on the issues that affect their daily lives.
We understand that our employees are people who deserve to be treated with respect and care. We offer a generous benefits package for all employees including ample paid vacation, sick days, health, dental and vision benefits, and retirement services. Additionally, after one year of service, all employees are eligible for up to six weeks of paid childcare leave.
Loan repayment assistance programs (LRAPS) relieve the debt burden of law school graduates. Various types of LRAPS are available to prosecutors in public service, including the College Cost Reduction and Access Act (CCRAA), NYS Bar Association, and the NYS Higher Education Tuition Reimbursement Program.
We believe it is important that our staff reflects the population that we serve. We provide an inclusive environment and our office actively recruits and is committed to the hiring, retention, and promotion of a diverse staff. Our attorneys are among some of the most talented in the country, and we take great pride that over half are women, and members of our Executive Team are diverse in background and affinity. We are committed to an employment policy that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity (as defined in paragraph 249(c)(4) of title 18, United States Code), sexual orientation, or disability in the delivery of services.
HAVE AN ANONYMOUS DRUG TIP?
Information that can help build strong investigations and prosecutions includes:
- The location
- Names or descriptions of suspected dealer and/or buyer
- What type of vehicle was involved, if any
- What kind of product was sold
SUBMIT AN ANONYMOUS DRUG REPORT
CALL THE RCDA HOTLINE